FACIAL COSMETIC SURGEON IN NJ & PA
Susan M. Hughes, MD, FACS
Susan M. Hughes, MD, FACS is a pioneer in facial cosmetic surgery, and utilizes all the most current and effective innovations. She is the oldest of seven children, all doctors, who followed in the footsteps of their physician parents.
Susan M. Hughes, MD, FACS is Harvard trained, and among the most experienced and highly trained facial cosmetic surgeons in New Jersey. She has consistently been selected by her peers as a Philadelphia “Top Doc” in eyelid plastic surgery and facial cosmetic surgery in Philadelphia Magazine’s annual survey. She has also been recognized as a South Jersey “Top Doc” in Plastic Surgery.
She has taught in the Oculoplastic Department at Wills Eye Hospital for 24 years, and has her private office in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Dr. Hughes operates in her office based AAAHC certified operating room, and at the Virtua Health Care System Hospitals.
Susan M. Hughes, MD, FACS’s board certifications, society memberships and appointments include:
- Board Certified in Facial Cosmetic Surgery
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Board of Trustees American Society of Cosmetic Surgery
- Secretary of American Society of Cosmetic Surgery
- Board of Directors Accreditation Association of Ambulatory Health Care
- Member of American Medial Association
- Member of American Medical Women’s Association
- Member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Member of International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Member of Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Member of European Society of Oculoplastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- AAAHC Surveyor
Susan M. Hughes, MD, FACS has volunteered with Project Orbis and has operated and lectured in third world countries. She lectures locally, nationally and internationally in her field.
Areas of Specialization
- BOTOX® and Fillers: Restylane®, JUVÉDERM®, RADIESSE® and Sculptra®
- Photorejuvenation with IPL-Intense Pulsed Light, OmniLight™ & Gentle Waves®
- Skin Care: Peels, Microdermabrasion, Products
- Fat Transfer to face and hands
- Facial Liposuction
- Laser Skin Resurfacing with full CO2 or Fractionated CO2 or Erbium Laser
- Eyelid Rejuvenation
- Endoscopic Brow & Cheek lifts
- Mini-incision Facelifts
- Neck Lift
- Laser Hair Removal
- Thermage & Skintyte
- College: Manhattanville 1967-1971
- Medical School: George Washington 1971-1975
- Internship: University of California, Irvine 1975-1976
- Residency: Albany Medical Center, Ophthalmology 1976-1979
- Oculoplastic Fellowships: Harvard, Mass. Eye & Ear 1979-1981 Moorfields Eye, London 1981-1982
If you would like to learn more about Susan M. Hughes, MD, FACS, click here to request a consultation at the Hughes Center for Aesthetic Medicine. Or you can call us at to schedule your appointment.